BORGATA PARTNERS WITH THE AMERICAN RED CROSS AND ESTABLISHES THE BORGATA RELIEF FUND TO AID HURRICANE SANDY RELIEF
Announces celebrity-chef book signing and charity poker tournament among other initiatives
Atlantic City, NJ (November 7, 2012) – Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa today announced its support to those affected by Hurricane Sandy through several initiatives scheduled to take place over the next week.
“Borgata was fortunate to remain unharmed during this horrible storm and we were happy to open the doors on Friday,” said Tom Ballance, President and Chief Operating Officer of Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. “We recognize the devastation Sandy brought to the East Coast, including the impact to many of Borgata’s friends and family. Through our commitment to the community, we hope these initiatives bring support to those individuals.”
Borgata Relief Fund
- Intended to provide assistance to those Borgata associates who have endured severe hardship, the Borgata Relief Fund has been established with a $50,000 donation from Borgata, along with further contributions from its associates.
Wolfgang Puck Book Signing
- Prior to Savor Borgata, between the hours of 12 p.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturday, November 10th, Borgata’s Chef/Partner, Wolfgang Puck, will be available for book signings with the purchase of the cookbook “Wolfgang Puck Makes It Easy” for $30. All proceeds will benefit the American Red Cross Southern Shore Chapter.
American Red Cross at SAVOR BORGATA: An Evening with Borgata’s Culinary Masters
- Borgata will welcome the American Red Cross Southern Shore Chapter at SAVOR BORGATA on Saturday, November 10th between 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. to accept monetary donations.
Red Cross Poker Tournament for Hurricane Sandy Relief
- Borgata will host a charity poker tournament in its Poker Room on Wednesday, November 14th at 4 p.m. to benefit Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
- A portion of the $140 buy-in will benefit the American Red Cross Southern Shore Chapter.
About Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Located at Renaissance Pointe in Atlantic City, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa features 2,000 guest rooms and suites; 161,000 square feet of gaming; 182 gaming tables; 3,475 slot machines; the largest poker room in Atlantic City with 80+ tables; 11 retail boutiques; 6 acclaimed fine dining restaurants by world-renowned chefs; 6 casual dining options; a 54,000 square foot spa; 70,000 square feet of event space; 4 signature nightlife experiences; and parking for 7,100 cars. The resort also features Atlantic City’s first cosmopolitan hotel experience, The Water Club at Borgata, with 800 guest rooms and suites; a 36,000 square foot spa; 18,000 square feet of meeting space; 6 designer retail boutiques; and 5 heated indoor and outdoor pools.
For more information on Borgata or to obtain a copy of this press release, please visit www.theborgata.com or follow Borgata on twitter.com/BorgataAC.
About the American Red Cross
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission. For more information, please visit redcross.org or join our blog at http://blog.redcross.org.
For more information on Borgata, please contact Liza Costandino at email@example.com or Brian Brennan at firstname.lastname@example.org.