Saturday, October 17, 2020
Rules & Regulations:
Pre-registration begins Saturday, October 3, 2020 in Borgata Race and Sports Book.
$100 Tournament Bankroll + $100 Entry Fee
$10,000 guaranteed prize pool - plus, keep your winnings!
• 1st Place: $5,000, 2nd Place: $2500, 3rd Place: $1250, 4th Place: $1000, 5th Place: $250
• Participants must be at least 21 years of age and present valid identification and may not be a part of any exclusionary list
• No employee of the Borgata or their immediate families are eligible to participate
• Prizes are non-transferable
• Winners are responsible for all local, state and federal taxes that correspond with prizes won and are subject to W2-G reporting at the end of the year
• Borgata is not responsible for lost, damaged or stolen account cards
• All Account cards MUST be closed same day (One Day accounts)
• All official track rulings will apply to horses selected for tournament play
• Borgata and Sportech, Inc are not responsible for incomplete transactions. No exceptions under any circumstances. All wagers should be placed early to avoid being shut out.
• Borgata reserves the right to change or cancel this promotion without notice.
• Borgata reserves the right to interpret all questions and conditions with regard to this event, without claim for damages or recourse of any kind. All questions and definitions not covered explicitly in these rules will be decided by Borgata management, with those decisions being final.
• One player per Bankroll Card
• No partnerships
• Maximum three entries per player. *Only one entry with the highest Pari-Mutual winnings will be added.
• Registration will close no earlier than one hour before the first tournament race
• No Show Participants forfeit their registration fee
• Player must enter in person at the Race and Sportsbook main teller window and must present their M life card and identification
• Player must pay $100
entry fee (cash only). Fee includes Daily Racing Form/Program. No show players forfeit Registration fees.
• Player must purchase $100
(cash only) “Betting Card” to be used as the “tournament bankroll”.
• Players can not add additional funds to the tournament bankroll. Adding additional funds results in automatic disqualification.
• All cards must be cashed out at the conclusion of tournament.
• Players close to the cash prize money positions should be positive there are no disqualified players before closing account.
• Players choosing to close account before winner is announced will forfeit the possibility of the cash prize money.
• Preselected Race Tracks: To Be Determined
(If one of the selected tracks cancels for the day, we will remain at two tracks)
• Only win wagers are acceptable. Only one horse per race.
• Players must wager on 9 different races from preselected tracks. If any wagers are made outside of the permitted wagers by rules, the player will be disqualified.
• Player must wager a $10 Win bet for 8 races only.
• Player must wager one $20 Win bet for 1 race only.
• Player must place all wagers personally. No person shall directly or indirectly act as an agent in placing bets.
• One Player per Bankroll Card- No Partnership permitted.
• Player is solely responsible for all wagers. Any player making a wager outside of the tournament rules will be disqualified.
• All wagers must be made on designated self service machines, using your tournament bankroll.
• No cancellations on any wagers for any reason after post time. In event of a late scratch, players must follow NJRC cancellation procedure.*
• Players keep all pari-mutuel winnings.
• Player with the highest total money after the last race (of selected tracks) will be declared the cash prize winner for that tournament day.
$10,000 Cash Prize Distribution
• In the event of a tie for 1st place, 1st and 2nd place prize money will be combined and split between players.
• 3rd, 4th, and 5th place finishers will win the appropriate prize money for their totals.
• In event of a tie for 2nd, 3rd and 4th place, prize money for those positions will be combined and split between players. In event of a tie for 5th place, the 5th place prize money will be split between those tied for that position.
• Prize money levels based on 200 paid entrants. Amount will be proportionately raised if there are more than 200 paid entrants. If fewer than 200 paid entrants, Borgata will add the balance guaranteeing $20,000.00.
Distribution: 100% of Entrants Fees