Winner Receives a “Head Chef” Position at Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, NJ
Thursday nights heat up this winter as a new batch of 16 aspiring chefs step through the doors of HELL’S KITCHEN to face world-renowned chef Gordon Ramsay as he serves up the fifth course of his fiery unscripted series, premiering Thursday, Jan. 29 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.
The chefs have varying degrees of culinary experience, but all are incredibly passionate about food. Demanding absolute perfection, Ramsay puts the chefs through rigorous culinary challenges, testing to see who will boil under the intense pressure. Each week, Ramsay will send one chef home, and the rest are left to sauté their way toward the grand prize of a “Head Chef” position at the East Coast’s leading resort destination, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. Since opening in 2003, Borgata has raised the culinary bar in Atlantic City introducing world-class dining experiences to the market.
During the season premiere, the 16 chefs enter HELL’S KITCHEN and get to work right away by preparing and presenting their signature dishes to Chef Ramsay. Unlike past seasons, Ramsay is pleasantly surprised by some of the chef’s creations. After the taste test, they waste no time breaking up into teams and prepping for that night’s dinner service. When the doors of HELL’S KITCHEN open and the intensity heats up, tempers flare and emotions run high.
The 16 HELL’S KITCHEN chefs are:
The Red Team:
• Andrea, 30, a line cook from Reading, PA
• Carol, 30, a sous chef from Knoxville, TN
• Coi, 22, a café cook from Austin, TX
• Colleen, 41, a cooking school instructor from Papillion, NE
• Ji, 33, a private caterer from Palisades Park, NJ
• LA, 23, a line cook from Las Vegas, NV
• Lacey, 24, a corporate buffet cook from Charlotte, NC
• Paula, 28, an executive sous chef from Coconut Creek, FL
The Blue Team:
• Ben, 26, an executive sous chef from Chicago, IL
• Charlie, 24, a prep chef from Las Vegas, NV
• Danny, 23, an executive chef from Edgewater, FL
• Giovanni, 37, an executive chef from Destin, FL
• J, 32, a food court chef from Clifton Park, NY
• Robert, 29, a sous chef from Quogue, NY
• Seth, 27, a private party chef from New York, NY
• Wil, 27, a quality-control chef from Elgin, IL
HELL’S KITCHEN is produced by Granada America and A. Smith & Co. Arthur Smith and Kent Weed serve as executive producers.
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa, a joint venture between Boyd Gaming and MGM MIRAGE, is a Las Vegas-style destination on the East Coast offering guests an unparalleled travel experience with world-class dining, entertainment, nightlife and gaming options. Since its opening in 2003, Borgata has changed the face of Atlantic City, igniting the city’s revival and continuing its evolution toward becoming a multi-dimensional travel destination.