(Atlantic City, NJ – June 23, 2020) – Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa – an MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) (“MGM Resorts”) luxury resort and casino – will reopen to the general public at 10:00am on Monday, July 6 following its closure earlier this year amidst the coronavirus crisis. A hosted, invitation-only event will take place ahead of the public reopening. Borgata’s amenity offerings initially will be limited with plans to open additional venues in the coming weeks and months.
“We are proud to be part of this resilient community that has remained strong and caring during these challenging months. When we reopen our doors, we do so with excitement to welcome back our employees and guests, and with an unwavering commitment to their health and safety,” said Melonie Johnson, President of Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. “Summer is a special time in Atlantic City, and we look forward to playing a part in offering some much-needed entertainment.”
Health & Safety
In May, MGM Resorts released its comprehensive “Seven-Point Safety Plan,” a multi-layered set of protocols and procedures designed in conjunction with medical and scientific experts to mitigate the spread of the virus, protect customers and employees and rapidly respond to potential new cases. As time passes, the company will continue to evaluate and evolve its safety protocols. Key initiatives from the MGM Resorts plan as well as specific to Borgata include:
- Employee screening, temperature checks and COVID-19 specific training
- Employees and guests will be required to wear masks in public areas. Masks will be provided free of charge
- Guest health screenings upon entry
- A physical distancing policy will be implemented, with floor guides serving as reminders
- For areas where physical distancing presents challenges, polycarbonate barriers will be installed, or other measures will be used to reduce risks
- Standalone handwashing stations designed by MGM Resorts conveniently located on the casino floor
- Guestroom Attendants will wear masks and gloves while cleaning each room and will change gloves between guestrooms
- In addition to increased and enhanced routine cleaning of guestrooms and public spaces based on CDC guidance, electrostatic sprayers will be utilized in many large public spaces so that disinfectant is applied efficiently
- Digital menus will be available to view on personal mobile devices via QR codes in the resort’s food and beverage outlets
- To minimize groups congregating while they wait, restaurant guests will receive text message notification when their tables are ready
- MGM has compiled its own internal team and processes to respond if a guest or employee tests positive for COVID-19. We ask that if a guest tests positive after visiting one of our properties, they alert us through a special email address (email@example.com). We will immediately report any positive test results to the local health department and assist with contact tracing to support the health department investigators.
Per the Governor’s guidelines, the property will adhere to a 25% capacity limit during this initial phase of reopening.
A glimpse at what guests can expect:
- ROOMS & SUITES – Borgata’s hotel will open in a limited capacity.
- GAMING – Place your bets at Borgata Casino, with over three acres of entertainment, including slots, table games and the Race & Sports Book. To promote physical distancing, every other slot machine will be disabled, and polycarbonate barriers have been installed at many of the table games. Poker will not be available in this first phase of reopening.
- DINING – Enjoy a selection of Borgata’s dining venues, including Angeline by Michael Symon, Old Homestead Steak House, Moneyline Bar & Book, Borgata Beer Garden, Bread + Butter, Borgata Baking Company, Starbucks, and The Marketplace. Guests will utilize digital innovations such as QR codes for menus and text messaging for reservations.
- RETAIL – Available retail outlets will include Whim, Carrello, Borgata Collections, Misura, Tumi and Carina.
- PARKING/VALET – The self-park parking garage will open; the surface parking lot will remain closed. Valet parking will not be operational at this time.
Days and hours of operation at all venues will vary. For a full list of offerings, and to make reservations, please visit theborgata.com.
About Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Located in Atlantic City’s Marina District, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa features 2,000 guest rooms and suites; 106,000 square feet of event space; 161,000 square feet of gaming; 189 table games; 2,994 slot machines; a 75+ table poker room; a race and sports book; 11 retail boutiques; 5 acclaimed fine dining restaurants by renowned chefs; 10 casual dining options; a 54,000 square foot spa; 88,000 square feet of event space; 20,000 square foot indoor/outdoor pool and garden; 32,000 square foot outdoor pool; 4 signature nightlife experiences; and parking for 7,100 cars. The market-leading resort also features Atlantic City’s first cosmopolitan hotel experience, The Water Club at Borgata, with 800 guest rooms and suites; a 36,000 square foot spa; 18,000 square feet of meeting space; 6 designer retail boutiques; and 5 heated indoor and outdoor pools. Borgata offers online gaming within the state of New Jersey through its real-money gaming sites, borgatacasino.com, borgatapoker.com, and borgatasports.com. Borgata is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM). For more information about Borgata, please visit theborgata.com or follow Borgata on Facebook and Twitter.
About MGM Resorts International
MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) is an S&P 500® global entertainment company with national and international locations featuring best-in-class hotels and casinos, state-of-the-art meetings and conference spaces, incredible live and theatrical entertainment experiences, and an extensive array of restaurant, nightlife and retail offerings. MGM Resorts creates immersive, iconic experiences through its suite of Las Vegas-inspired brands. The MGM Resorts portfolio encompasses 29 unique hotel and destination gaming offerings in the United States and Macau, including some of the most recognizable resort brands in the industry such as Bellagio, MGM Grand, ARIA and Park MGM. The Company’s 50/50 venture, ROAR Digital LLC, offers U.S. sports betting and online gaming through market-leading brands, including BetMGM and partypoker. The Company is currently pursuing targeted expansion in Asia through the integrated resort opportunity in Japan. Through its “Focused on What Matters: Embracing Humanity and Protecting the Planet” initiative, MGM Resorts commits to creating a more sustainable future, while striving to make a bigger difference in the lives of its employees, guests, and in the communities where it operates. The global employees of MGM Resorts are proud of their company for being recognized as one of FORTUNE® Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies®. For more information, please visit us at www.mgmresorts.com. Please also connect with us @MGMResortsIntl on Twitter as well as Facebook and Instagram.
Forward Looking Statements
Statements in this release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking" statements and "safe harbor statements" that involve risks and/or uncertainties, including those described in MGM Resorts’ public filings with the SEC. MGM Resorts has based forward-looking statements on management's current expectations and assumptions and not on historical facts. Examples of these statements include, but are not limited to, statements MGM Resorts makes regarding how and when its properties will re-open and its ability to mitigate the spread of the virus. These forward-looking statements involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Among the important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated in such forward-looking statements include the continued spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, the potential for additional future outbreaks of the virus, the general economic conditions and market conditions in the markets in which MGM Resorts operates and competition with other destination travel locations throughout the United States and the world, the design, timing and costs of expansion projects, risks relating to international operations, permits, licenses, financings, approvals and other contingencies in connection with growth in new or existing jurisdictions and additional risks and uncertainties described in MGM Resorts’ Form 10-K, Form 10-Q and Form 8-K reports (including all amendments to those reports). In providing forward-looking statements, MGM Resorts is not undertaking any duty or obligation to update these statements publicly as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law. If the Company updates one or more forward-looking statements, no inference should be drawn that it will make additional updates with respect to those other forward-looking statements.
Director of Communications
Join Borgata’s Press Club here.